Monday, November 3, 2014

Review: Brenda's French Soul Food

Be prepared for a line at any time of day, but know that the folks in front of you are on to something good. Brenda's serves delicious soul food at a great value - definitely a solid choice for big appetites!

I was thoroughly delighted (and defeated) by an order of the BFC (Brenda's Fried Chicken), especially having ordered the gumbo as a starter, so while the leftover chicken made the best lunch the next day, next time I'll order the chicken by the piece and customize my side, as I saw savvy diners do at the table next to ours.  Conversely, the catfish po'boy was joyfully devoured by M - I think I may have had a bite, but it disappeared in a flash.  The beer/wine list is on the shorter side, but carefully chosen, and there are a couple of selections from Dixie Brewing Company from New Orleans that work well with the food.

Brenda's French Soul Food on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I have been visiting your recipe blog from past 3 months. The way of recipe tips looks to be easy for all readers. I would personally recommend our blog visitors to subscribe to obtain useful posts like this periodically. Particularly post on "Review: Brenda's French Soul Food" is awesome. Get in touch with us via our websites North Indian Veg Restaurant | Sweet Shop

    ReplyDelete